Saturday 24 September 2011

Drunk Gaming

Once again I have accidentally left this blog to rot but after getting wankered at a party last night I felt the need to express this topic.

Drunk gaming. It is the ideal of playing games while intoxicated (Unless you count playing Audiosurf while high).
It can be one of the funniest things you ever do...
Oh not for you, for the people you play it with.

Let's take a little anecdote here. I went to a friends house a few months ago and she lives just round the corner from an off-licence, my other friend just happens to have.... "ID" so we had no problem getting booze. We got smashed and after staggering home I realised I had left my laptop on, I mashed the mouse button until Mumble opened and realised that my good friends Astindan and PenguinGeneral were on at the time.
Now like any drunk call, you have to make an entrance. I held down my V-key and screamed "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" into my microphone. I can distinctly remember at this point Penguin saying his signature "Oh god..." line. I asked what they were playing, quite loudly and hopped onto the minecraft server that they were on. Now here's when things started to go fuzzy (Quite inconvenient that it happened at this point eh?)

When I asked Astindan and Penguin to recap. They told me of how I thought my chimney in minecraft was my door (I was in a house that had a vertical entrance/exit) and they convinced me to jump to a fiery demise. And also of how I refused to leave Penguin's house, lying down in his bed and when he destroyed it, dug a hole and covered it over.
Come to think of it. I've had much better drinking stories. But as this is a gaming-centred blog, I won't discuss that.

I guess the point I'm getting to is that when people talk about "The Ideal" of gaming. They rage for hours about how which console is superior, what controllers to use and how "HUR DUR MY GAME BETTER THAN YOUR GAME DUR!". But in the end, it doesn't matter what game you play. Or what console. Or even with who. If everyone played video games while absolutely shit-faced, then it makes any game 10 times better. (Using the ratio of 1 beer : 1 time as good).

P.S. The majority of this blog post was written two weeks ago, but I wanted to get it out because I don't like leaving articles to wallow for too long. And if I didn't post it, I probably never would.

No comments:

Post a Comment